Compliance Contacts



Where should I go with a concern?


  • The first recommended resource for a clarification on a policy, regulation, or law is one's direct supervisor.

  • If a direct supervisor cannot serve as a resource, the following list includes other suggested resources, in addition to your supervisor, who can assist you:


Human Resources

Phone: (601-266-4050)
This office provides guidance and support for all faculty and staff on policies and procedures that govern employment at the University, 
  • including benefits
  • pay practices
  • rules & discipline, 
  • and grievance procedures. 

Southern Miss Hotline

Phone: (877-310-0424)


The University does not tolerate retaliation against those who report a concern in good faith.

The Southern Miss Hotline is a confidential channel for employees to report possible issues and provides the following: 

  • option to report anonymously. 
  • phone or secure website may also be used to report. 

 Maxient Conduct Reporting System 

  • REPORT AN ISSUE: If you are seeking to report an issue of concern, please access the Campus Conduct Reporting page to obtain additional information about the forms available for reporting.

  • REPORT A TECHNICAL ISSUE WITH MAXIENT:  iTech administers the Maxient system.  To report an issue, please submit a Work order.

  • ADMINISTRATOR LOGIN:  If you are an administrator responsible for processing issues reported in Maxient, click here to log into Maxient using your wempl/Campus ID and network login.  

  • PURPOSE and SCOPE:  The University has implemented the Maxient Conduct Reporting System to facilitate reporting of a variety of issues of concern both academic and non-academic in nature including, but not limited to, 

  • sexual misconduct
  • campus security reporting
  • academic integrity, and 
  • problems as well as issues of concern.  


Office of Internal Audit

Phone: (601-266-4466)

Fraud Hotline: (601-266-4231)


This office is responsible for:

  • furnishing independent appraisals, counseling recommendations, and applicable information concerning activities reviewed.  
  • managing The Southern Miss Hotline which provides an easy way to discreetly and confidentially report activities that may involve fraudulent, unethical, or otherwise inappropriate violations of University policies.

Office of General Counsel

Phone: (601-266-4466)


  • The Office of General Counsel is responsible for providing a full range of legal services to the University.


Athletics Office of Compliance

Phone: (601-266-5485)



  • The Athletics website serves as an information resource for all constituents of University of Southern Mississippi Athletics to ensure that the Department and University remain in full compliance with NCAA and Conference USA rules and guidelines.
  • Constituents include:
    • its prospective and current student-athletes
    • coaches
    • faculty and staff, 
    • alumni
    • donors
    • boosters and 
    • friends

 University Police Department

Phone-(601-266-4986)/ (Emergency – 911)


This Office is responsible for handling any threat against a person, property, or the environment and all such issues should be immediately reported to the University Police Department.

Sexual Misconduct, Violence or Harassment

Title IX Coordinator

Phone: (601-266-4466)




The Title IX Coordinator is responsible for:


  • Handling sexual harassment complaints involving University students, employees and third parties engaged in University business are processed through the Title IX Coordinator pursuant to the University’s Sexual Misconduct Policy.
  • The following types of matters are handled: 
    • gender-based misconduct
    • sexual assault
    • sexual violence
    • sexual harassment
    • gender-based harassment and 
    • stalking

Office of Affirmative Action & Equal Employment Opportunity

Phone: (601-266-6618)


The Office of Affirmative Action and Equal Employment is responsible for:

  • supporting the University’s efforts in fostering a nondiscriminatory work environment

  • developing and monitoring the University’s Affirmative Action Plan 

  • assisting employees who wish to request a disability accommodation. 

Scholarly Misconduct and Research Inquiry

Office of Research Integrity

Phone: (601-266-6756)/(601-266-5997)


This office is responsible for: