Office of the Controller
Office of the Controller
601100 – Executive, Administrative and Managerial
601200 – Faculty
601300 – Professional Non-Faculty
601400 – Clerical and Secretarial
601500 – Technical and Paraprofessional
601600 – Skilled Craft
601700 – Service/Maintenance
601800 – Students
602100 – Executive, Administrative and Managerial
602200 – Faculty
602300 – Professional Non-Faculty
602400 – Clerical and Secretarial
602500 – Technical and Paraprofessional
602600 – Skilled Craft
602700 – Service Maintenance
602800 – Students
605180 – Stipends
603910 – Employer’s Retirement Contribution
603920 – Employer’s FICS Matching
603930 – Workers’ Compensation
603940 – Employer’s Health Insurance Contribution
603945 – Employer’s Graduate Health Insurance Contribution
603950 – Employer’s Group Life Insurance Matching
603970 – Mississippi Unemployment Taxes
Payroll Distribution Reports are available through SOARHR. The report can include both biweekly and monthly payroll information. It can be run by department for a range of time and will reflect earning dates, earnings amounts, total benefits and a component breakdown of those benefits by employee. The Payroll Distribution Report (PDR) will also include the general ledger account codes. There will actually be up to three sorts of the report available. One will be by name order, one by pay period end date, and the other by account code. In addition, the report is available in a CSV format that can be exported to Excel. This report will aid departments in reconciling the salary, wage and fringe benefits budget categories to their Monthly Detail Report (MDR).
You will be required to attend a training session in order to receive access to run the report. Training is available as part of the MDR training sessions. For training opportunities, login to SOAR > Self Service > USM Self Service > SOAR/SOARFIN Training. Select the course type of SOARFIN training. Once there, click on the Search button and select one of the GL com
65% or 80%: Special checks for staff or faculty (regardless of full-time/part-time or permanent/temporary status) will be prepared at 65% of the amount owed. Special checks for students (regardless of graduate or undergraduate) will be prepared at 80% of the amount owed. The other 35% or 20% is reserved to cover taxes and/or deductions when the missing payment information is paid through a regularly scheduled payroll in SOARHR. Obviously, actual taxes and deductions vary by employee.
Click here to download the form
All fields on the form are required to be completed before submitting to Payroll.
See the following for more information on each field.
Name: Name of employee for whom the request is being made.
Empl: ID# of employee for whom the request is being made.
• For monthly employee: Indicate dollar amount not paid to the employee that should have been paid in missed pay period.
• For biweekly employee: Indicate number of hours not paid to the employee that should have been paid, along with rate per hour for those hours.
• Pay Period End: Indicate last date of pay period for which check is being requested (for biweekly, see payroll schedule; for monthly, specify last day of month pay was missed).
• HR Dept: Indicate HR number of department to be charged.
• Staff/Faculty or Student: Check one of the two options; will dictate percent of gross pay to be used in preparing special check.
• Reason: Indicate reason employee not paid through normal payroll cycle (ex: hiring paperwork submitted late; hours were not submitted by the department, etc.).
• Requested by: Indicate department name, name of individual requesting check and contact information.
• Signatures: Must be signed by both individual requesting check and requestor’s supervisor before sent to Payroll. (Same individual cannot sign in both, as proxy for supervisor.) One of the signatures must be an expenditure authority for the HR Department.