Routing an Independent Contractor Request
A contract/PSA should be approved by all signatory authorities before work commences.
- Step 1: The originating department will obtain all the applicable required documents (W-9,
Determination form, PSA/Contract, New Vendor request form, etc.) which will include
the contractor's signature and the authorized signer for the account charged. Send
all documents to the Tax Compliance Officer psaFREEMississippi.
- Step 2: Tax Compliance Officer (psaFREEMississippi) signature is required for all service agreements.
- Step 3: PERS approval will be needed if the contractor is currently a PERS member. Download PERS Independent Contractor Questionnaire.
- Step 4: Dean or Director approval of originating department will be needed if services are greater than or equal to $5,000.
- Step 5: VP approval will be needed if services are greater than or equal to $10,000.
- Step 6: Office of Research Administration approval will be needed if a restricted account (contract or grant) will be charged.
- Step 7: Purchasing Department. Required for all agreements.