The Community Counseling and Assessment Clinic does not have the resources to provide emergency services or walk-in appointments. Here are some contacts to be aware of in the event of an emergency:
- If you have an emergency where you or someone else is in immediate danger, call 911 immediately.
- If you are not in immediate danger but are experiencing thoughts of suicide, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800.273.8255.
- If you are a student at the University of Southern Mississippi, call Student Counseling Services at 601.266.4829 (after hours: 601.606.4357) or University Police at 601.266.4986.
- For rapid access to mental health services in the community, call Pine Belt Mental Healthcare Resources at 601.544.4641.
- The Shafer Center for Crisis Intervention assists victims of sexual assault and the survivors of homicde and suicide. They can be reached at 601.264.7777.
- The Domestic Abuse Family Shelter operates a 24-hour statewide crisis line at 800.649.1092 and shelters in Hattiesburg and Laurel for victims of domestic violence.