Spring 2021 Semester Updates
Message from the President - December 3, 2020
Congratulations on completing final exams and end-of-semester projects this week!
I am so proud of your hard work and commitment to finishing the semester strong. I
also want to thank you, again, for being our partners in embracing our Community Standards to help us navigate this challenging pandemic.
I am excited to share a few updates about what you can expect during the Spring 2021
- Over the past several weeks, our faculty and staff have worked hard to provide additional
opportunities for spring face-to-face and “chat” classes. Make sure you review your
current class schedule in SOAR, and contact your advisor if you want to make any changes.
If you have not already been advised for spring, contact your advisor today to schedule
an appointment, or submit questions through the Ask an Advisor form.
- Our Student Affairs team will be offering more opportunities for in-person student
activities in the spring. You can contact the Office of Leadership and Student Involvement for more information about options to host on-campus events.
- On-campus residence halls will continue to be open, including additional programming
for housing residents. Contact Housing and Residence Life for availability information.
- On-campus dining locations will continue to be open in the spring. Current hours are
always available on the Eagle Dining website.
- Additional updates regarding spring plans will continue to be posted online at usm.edu/flightpath.
Remember current health protocols will still need to be followed for any in-person
classes and activities.
As you spend time with your family and friends over the extended holiday break, I
also encourage you to continue practicing healthy behaviors – Wear Your Mask, Keep Your Distance, Wash Hands Often, and Self-Screen Each Day. Don’t let your guard down, so we can all return safely in the spring!
Again, congratulations on completing this semester!
To The Top – Together,
Rodney D. Bennett