HowTo - File Encryption
For HIPAA compliance purposes, if you email/store files containing client information you are required to encrypt those files. IDS uses XTY File Encryptor.
How to install and use XTY File Encryptor
- For Windows XP download XtyFileCryptor to your computer. For Windows 7 download xTyFileCrypter_64bit.
- Double-click on the file to install the program.
- Right-click on any file or folder (even on your desktop)
- Select `xTyFileCrypter' from popup menu.
- Select `About xTyFileCrypter' from menu.
- Click `Activate' button from popup screen.
- Copy & Paste User ID and Registration Code sent to you by Rich
- Click OK button to activate
Then, to encrypt a file: