The Center for Economic and Entrepreneurship Education serves as an educational resource for K-12 educators and students in south Mississippi. Established in 2005, CEEE bridges today’s educational gaps in economic, entrepreneurship, and financial literacy through relevant, hands-on learning experiences and competitions.
Through a high-impact combination of teacher trainings and its Southern Entrepreneurship Program (SEP) youth initiative, CEEE benefits approximately 15,000 K-12 students annually across Mississippi.
SEP Youth InitiativeTeacher Workshops
While our menu of outreach programs is constantly updated in response to needs within the market, the backbone of our programming can be subdivided into the following three categories:
* Master Teacher of Economics (MTE) endorsement training
* Learning, Earning, & Investing (LEI) classroom resource training
* Southern Entrepreneurship Program (SEP) statewide youth initiative
* Master Teacher of Entrepreneurship (MTEnt) endorsement training
* The Stock Market Game (SMG) classroom resource training
- NextGen Personal Finance (NGPF) classroom resource training
- Financial Fitness for Life (FFFL) classroom resource training
- Learning, Earning, & Investing (LEI) classroom resource training
- Elder Investment Fraud (EIF) program training
Mississippi high school students have participated in the SEP since 2007.
Middle and high school teachers have participated in Master Teacher of Entrepreneurship.
Maximum startup cost allowed for students competing in Making Money Now! challenge.