To continue in good standing in an undergraduate teacher education licensure program,
the following requirements must be met
- All candidates must subscribe to the Watermark Assessment System. Watermark provides
an electronic portfolio and storage system for students as well as tracks, stores,
retrieves, and analyzes data for accreditation purposes; Please contact Dr.%20Debbie%20Stoulig for questions about Tk20;
- Earn a minimum grade of C in each required course of the Program Curriculum (DEG 01.
Major Area of Study Requirements, DEG 02. Additional Requirements, DEG 03. Teacher
Licensure Requirements, etc.).
- Maintain a minimum Grade Point Average of 2.50 on best attempts of total hours applied
toward degree (includes all General Education Curriculum and Program Curriculum courses
as detailed on the student’s Degree Progress Report). Remedial, repeated, and unused
courses are not included in the calculation.
- Take the Praxis II content and PLT tests and report the scores to Southern Miss (school
code #1479) prior to awarding of degree.
- Complete a minimum of 30 clock hours of clinical experience (15 hours of observation
and 15 hours of practicum). Specific programs may require additional practicum hours.
- Maintain any additional program-specific requirements.
Requirements for professional education programs are subject to modification. For
current program information, students should contact the University’s Educator Licensure
Office, 121-B Owings-McQuagge Hall; 601.266.5522.
Mississippi Department of Education licensure requirements supersede the program requirements
listed in the Bulletin. Mandated changes in program requirements will be communicated
through the candidate’s department.