Information provided on this page is unofficial and is provided for awareness purposes only. The information is subject to change. Contact the Department of Curriculum, Instruction, and Special Education or see the Southern Miss Undergraduate Bulletin and Graduate Bulletin for more information.
Questions regarding the Computer Applications Endorsement should be directed to:
Dr. Diane Fisher, Professor and Associate Dean
College of Education and Psychology
118 College Dr. #5057
Hattiesburg, MS, 39406-0001
Telephone: (601) 266-4568
FAX: (601) 266-4175
Candidates who seek a computer applications endorsement must hold a Class A, or higher, teaching certificate in the state of Mississippi.
- Validate competency in the field of Instructional Technology - Proof of current Internet and Computing Core Certification (IC3)) or Propulse Certification.
- Certification for an online learning course approved by MDE (3 credit hours) - IT 456, Methods in General and Career/Technical Business Education
- Teacher preparation course based on the curricula to be taught (3 credit hours) - IT 451, Teaching Skill-Based Subjects in Business Education - includes IC3 preparation and the current curriculum included in the 411 endorsement
- Computer applications courses (choose 6 credit hours in this section below)
All courses listed below are 3 credit hours
- IT 361 Computer Applications in Business Technology I
- IT 363 Computer Applications in Business Technology II
- IT 375 Web-based Tools
- IT 467/567 Desktop Publishing & Visual Design
- IT 469/569 Multimedia Design & Development