1. Is health insurance required for all ELI students?
- All F-1 visa holding ELI students are required by The University of Southern Mississippi to enroll in the university's medical insurance plan.
2. Are there any other requirements I should know about?
- Yes, there are two additional health requirements:
- Mississippi state law requires students to receive a chest x-ray as part of the school registration process. Students are not permitted to provide their own x-ray films. The cost of the x-ray at the University Health Clinic is $80.
- Mississippi state law also requires all students to be inoculated against measles, mumps, and rubella. If you cannot show proof of having received 2 MMR injections previously, since your first birthday, then you must receive the injections after arriving on campus. Cost: $70 per injection.
3. Okay, so far we have insurance, chest x-ray, and MMR injections. Is there anything else that I should know about before traveling to the United States?
- If you have allergies or require certain prescription medication, it would be a good idea to bring English translations of your specific medical situation.