Non-Degree Graduate Enrollment

If you are interested in taking a graduate course through the English Department but have not been admitted into the graduate program, you may take up to six hours (2 classes) as a non-degree seeking student. All non-degree classes require prior approval from the graduate director, must be at the 500- or 600- level, and are subject to availability.

1. Meet with the English department Director of Graduate Studies (DGS) to discuss your request and to review approved course options. (E-mail Dr. Alexandra Valint or call 601-266-6524 for an appointment).

2. Submit proof of undergraduate degree and a $60 application fee to the Office of Graduate Studies, McCain Library 211. The Graduate School will register you for the approved course when registration opens for the next semester.

*Note that you must apply for re-admission if you return to the University after one or more semesters’ absence.