Publications and Awards - Linda Allen
- Edited and Introduced: Global Crossroads: A World Literature Reader. Ed. Luis A. Iglesias, Michael Mays, and Linda M. Pierce. Texas: Fountainhead, 2007.
- Edited and Introduced: “Questions of Identity: Complicating Race in American Literary History.” The Arizona Quarterly 59.2 (Summer 2003).
- “Asian Pacific American Mothering as Feminist Decolonizing Reproductive Labor: A Discussion on Raising Hapa Boys.” Co-authored: Melinda de Jesus, Reshmi Dutt-Ballerstadt, Patti Duncan, and Linda Pierce Allen. East Asian Mothering: Politics and Practices. Ed. Patti Duncan and Gina Wong. Toronto: Demeter Press, 2014. 239-255.
- “Decolonizing Adolescence: the Filipino American Bildungsroman.” Growing Up Asian American in Children’s Literature. Ed. Ymithri Mathison. Oxford: UP Mississippi (forthcoming 2015).
- “Filipinas in the Deep South: Reading Domestic Oral Narratives as Sites of Politicization and Community Building.” Ethnic Heritage in Mississippi: The Twentieth Century. Ed. Shana Walton. Jackson: UP Mississippi, 2012.
- “Facilitating Positive Trauma in Both Service-Learning and Traditional Classroom Contact Zones.” Modern Language Studies 37.2 (Winter 2008): 65 – 83.
- “Not Just My Closet: Exposing Familial, Cultural, and Imperial Skeletons.” Pinay Power. Ed. Melinda deJesús. New York: Routledge, 2005. 31 – 44
- “Pinay White Woman.” Whiteness: Feminist Philosophical Reflections. Ed. Chris J. Cuomo and Kim Q. Hall. Oxford: Rowman & Littlefield, 1999. 45 – 52.
- “Interventions of Memory and Visibility: Recovering and Reclaiming Filipino American History.” American Quarterly 66.1 (March 2014).
- “America Is in the Heart.” Encyclopedia of American Ethnic Literature. Ed. Seiwoong Oh. New York: Facts on File, Inc., 2007.
- “Carlos Bulosan.” Encyclopedia of American Ethnic Literature. Ed. Seiwoong Oh. New York: Facts on File, Inc., 2007.
- "Interventions of Memory and Visibility: Recovering and Reclaiming Filipino American History." American Quarterly 66.1 (March 2014): 211-221.
Excellence in Service Award, College of Arts and Letters, University of Southern Mississippi, 2008
Outstanding Community Service Award, Mississippi Retired Teachers Association, 2007
$5000 Back-to-School Grant, Community Literacy Outreach Initiative with Hawkins Elementary School, Dollar General Community Initiatives, 2007
Junior Faculty Outstanding Teaching Award, Office of the President and Faculty Senate, University of Southern Mississippi, 2007
Service-Learning Faculty Innovation Award, Office of Community Service-Learning, University of Southern Mississippi, 2007
First Place, Mississippi Institutions of Higher Learning Best Practices Program: Category of Academics (for QEP Curriculum), $10,000 Awarded to Institution, 2006
Faculty Fellow, University of Southern Mississippi Seminar in Service-Learning, Spring 2005