Nursing (Clinical) - Doctorate Program Details
Southern Miss Nursing is affiliated with hundreds of hospitals, community-health centers,
health departments, mental-health facilities, private-practice clinics, community
clinics, and schools, offering students extensive opportunity for interdisciplinary
collaboration in clinical practice and research.
Specific Admission Requirements
- Graduated from a master's program accredited by NLN or CCNE.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA for most recent nursing degree.
- Graduate Record Examination (an analytical writing minimum score of 3.0).
- Unencumbered Mississippi registered nurse license.
- Curriculum vitae or résumé.
- Three references letters from individuals (doctoral-level nursing individuals preferred)
familiar with applicant's academic/professional background and nursing experience,
specifying capability for doctoral study.
- Cover letter with personal statement of scholarship or clinical interests.
- CPR certification, criminal background check, hepatitis, Tdap, MMR, and TB test/titer.
- TOEFL/IELTS if International applicant.
- Approved graduate statistics course, achieving a B or higher within past 5 years.
Other Distinctive Program Elements
All didactic courses are online with one campus visit per semester and students complete
practicum requirements in their own community or nearby communities. The DNP curriculum
includes the development and implementation of a DNP project. This scholarly project
is designed to synthesize scholarship in an area of health care leadership and serves
as the doctoral project experience.