|NOTE: The pdf forms on this page are fillable. However, you must download them or save them to activate fillable fields function. The download button appears at the top right side of the computer screen.|
- Graduate Assistantship Form (Initial Hire Only)
- Graduate Assistantship Work Study Form (Initial Hires + All Maintenance for Work Study GA's. Work Study GA lines are limited and awarded only by the Graduate School)
- Graduate Assistantship Maintenance Form.pdf
- ORA Routing Slip (To accompany all GA Assignment Forms with grant funding)
- The insurance site will open for online waiver or enrollment on July 15, 2016. All international students that waived for the fall will need to waive again for the spring term (International students should confirm the process with International Student & Scholar Services). NOTE: This site closes September 8, 2016.
Students wishing to apply for graduate assistantships must correspond directly with the department offering the assistantship. Students are free to apply for assistantships in any department, not only in the department to which they are admitted. The Graduate School does not maintain a list of available assistantships; however, applicants can submit a resume to the Graduate School to maintain on file in the event of a departmental opening. Resumes will be maintained for one academic semester.
Graduate Assistantship FAQs:
All Graduate Assistantship offers of employment with The University of Southern Mississippi are contingent on the successful completion of a background check. An individual may not begin with the University until the background check has been completed and they have been cleared to work. The Background Check forms can be completed by clicking here.
All full-time GAs will receive a tuition waiver equal to 100% of the assessed in-state and out-of-state (if needed) tuition fees. All part-time GA's will receive a tuition waiver equal to 50% of the assessed in-state and out-of-state (if needed) tuition fees. Tuition waivers do not cover course fees, student activity fees, international programming fees, textbook fees, capital improvement fees, or any other type of fees. Tuition waivers will be prorated if the assistantship is terminated.
Students conditionally admitted into a graduate program are ineligible to hold an assistantship until they have achieved a regular admit status.
Graduate Assistants are restricted to 20 work hours per week.
Questions regarding Graduate Assistantships can be directed to Shelby Flores at 601-266-4733.