Graduate Committee Request Instructions
A student's graduate study is supervised by a school committee. A Graduate Committee
Request Form must be submitted to the Graduate School early in the student's degree
program, prior to defense of proposal or the comprehensive exam, but no later than
the published deadline.
Follow the instructions below to submit a Committee Request via SOAR.
- From the Faculty Home page in SOAR, click on the Graduate School Forms tile and select
Grad Committee Request Form.
- Click the +Add button.
- Enter the Student's ID number in the Empl ID field and click the Add button (Fig.
1). If you do not know the student's ID number, you may click on the magnifying glass
to search by name. Click on Search Criteria and enter the student's first and last
name. Select the correct student by clicking on their name (Fig. 2). (Please Note:
Due to the extensive name database, you should search using at least last name.)
- Under the Committee Info section, choose the appropriate committee type by clicking
on the magnifying glass in the Committee Type field.
- Enter the Committee Chair and all Committee Members by entering the member's ID numbers
or clicking the magnifying glass to search by name. (Again, if using the search function,
enter at least the faculty member's last name.) Refer to Graduate Faculty Listings webpage to ensure Committee Members have been granted the appropriate status.
- Select the appropriate degree auditor in the Degree Auditor field.
- After all fields have been populated, click SAVE at the bottom of the page. An email
will be generated and sent to the person completing the form, the student, the committee
chair, all committee members, and the degree auditor. (Please Note: This confirmation
will serve as your copy of the form. If your program maintains paper files, please
print a copy of the email for your records.)