How to Enter Comprehensive or Qualifying Exam Results in SOAR
Official Comprehensive and Qualifying Exam results should be entered and approved
through SOAR. Once the workflow process has been initiated, results will be approved
by the Program Coordinator (or designee) and then by the School Director (or designee).
If exam results are submitted in error, please contact Tracy Barnhill (tracy.barnhillFREEMississippi%20) for assistance.
To enter exam results, please follow the instructions below:
- From the Faculty Homepage OR the Campus Solutions Administrator Homepage, click on
the Graduate School Forms tile, and then select Comprehensive/Qualifying Exam Form.
- Click the +Add button.
- Enter the student's ID number in the Empl ID field (Fig. 1). If you do not know the
student’s ID number, you may click on the magnifying glass to search by name. After
clicking the magnifying glass, click on Search Criteria (Fig. 2) and enter the student’s
first and last name. Select the correct student by clicking on their name (Please
Note: Due to the extensive name database, you should search using at least last name.)
- Add the date the exam was taken in the Exam Date field. (Fig. 1)
- Select the type of exam (Exam Type Code) by using the dropdown menu. (Fig. 1)
- Once all the fields are populated, click the ADD button. (Fig. 1)
- Add all Evaluators (Committee Members) Empl ID#’s. To search for Faculty ID#’s, click
on the magnifying glass and click on Search Criteria (Fig. 3). In the “Name” field,
type the faculty member’s LAST NAME and click Search).
- For each evaluator, enter the exam results: Pass or Fail from the dropdown box (Fig.
4). If there are more than 5 evaluators, add additional evaluators and test results
in the comment boxes. (Refer to Figure 5 for an example.)
- External committee members or evaluators (or evaluators more than five) should be
added using the Comment Boxes. See Figure 5 for an example.
- After entering all Evaluators and exam results, select the Degree Auditor for your
program by clicking on the magnifying glass (Fig. 6). If you are uncertain who the
degree auditor for your program is, please contact the Graduate School.
- Select the "Final Comprehensive Exam Result" from the drop down box (Fig. 7). This
is the official score that will be recorded for this exam attempt.
- After all fields have been entered, scroll to the top of the screen to review your
entries. Once the form has been submitted, you cannot make corrections. Please review
your information and then click the Submit button at the top of the screen (Fig. 8).
- A pop-up box will open. Click OK to initiate the workflow process (Fig. 9)
Once the results have been entered and the workflow process has been initiated, the
program coordinator/designee and the school director/designee will be notified via
email to approve the results.
Items to note for program coordinators and school directors:
- If you are a program coordinator and are entering the exam results, you WILL NOT receive an email notification. Instead, you should immediately navigate to your worklist
to approve the results after submitting.
- If you are a school director and are entering the exam results, you WILL receive an email notification after the program coordinator has approved the results.
Use the link in the email to approve the results.
- If you are both a school director AND program coordinator and are entering exam results, you WILL NOT receive any email notifications. Instead, immediately navigate to your worklist and
approve the results TWICE, once for each role.
To navigate to your worklist, please use the navigation button in the upper right
hand corner of your homepage (Fig 10). When the navigation menu opens, select Navigator
(Fig. 11) and select Worklist (Fig. 12).
If you have additional questions about submitting exam scores or discover an error
after submitting exam scores, please contact Tracy Barnhill (Tracy.BarnhillFREEMississippi) for assistance.