The below items are necessary to complete the final submission of a dissertation,
thesis, or doctoral project. Failure to complete the required items by the posted deadline will result in a deferral
Continue to monitor your USM student email after completing these items.
Item 1: Upload the final approved document to Aquila with all revisions complete by the posted deadline.
- Check converted pdf file to verify that no additional formatting changes need to be
- Only formatting changes can be made after a document has been accepted into Aquila.
- Changes to content after document has been accepted will result in document being
Item 2: Complete Survey of Earned Doctorates (Doctoral Students Only)
Item 3: Prepare a bound copy of document (skip this if School does not require a bound
- One high-quality, laser paper copy (on 100% white cotton paper 20-32 lb. weight) must
be submitted to the Documents Specialist in the Graduate School. See the Graduate School Document Guidelines for more details about printing and submitting your paper copy to the Graduate School.
- A signed title page on 100% white cotton paper should be on file with the Graduate
Item 4: Embargo Dissertation, Thesis, or Doctoral Project
- If you plan to withhold the release of your document into Aquila, or indicated in
Aquila that you plan to embargo, please complete the embargo form below and submit
an electronic copy to the document specialist via email at documentspecialistFREEMississippi. Hard copies of the embargo form will no longer be accepted.
- The embargo form can be found here
The following items are not required nor covered by Graduate School fees. Students
must initiate the process and are responsible for all fees associated the services
Item 1: File for Copyright
Item 2: Submit to ProQuest
- Click here to go to ProQuest's website.
Item 3: Bind Personal Copies
- Some bindery options include ProQuest, Thesis on Demand, and Bourne Brothers (Hattiesburg). You are not limited to these options.