Mississippi Community & Junior College Doctoral Scholarship
The Graduate School at The University of Southern Mississippi is pleased to announce the Mississippi Community & Junior College Doctoral Scholarship.
This $400 USM Graduate School scholarship is awarded on a competitive basis to full-time employees of a Mississippi community or junior college.
Minimum eligibility requirements:
1. Must be employed full-time with a Mississippi community or junior college.
2. Must hold a regular admit status in a USM doctoral program.
3. Must be enrolled (and maintain enrollment) in 6 graduate credit hours in the degree program for the term the scholarship is awarded.
4. Must have a minimum cumulative 3.5 GPA and be in good academic standing.
Applicants must submit the following items for consideration:
1. Scholarship Application
2. A 500 word essay describing your career goals, academic achievements, financial need and any other reason why the applicant should be considered for this scholarship.
3. A letter of recommendation from the applicant's immediate supervisor and/or faculty advisor. Letters should be emailed to Carolyn.Cawthon@usm.edu
4. Proof of employment from applicant's Human Resources department.
August 1 for fall
December 1 for spring
May 20 for summer
Questions regarding the scholarship can be directed to Carolyn.Cawthon@usm.edu