USM Human Capital Development
Professional Development Series
The goal of USM's Human Capital Development Professional Development Series is to offer training, human capital development, and human resource development professionals a systematic method for developing competencies. The program allows for the immediate transfer of knowledge to the participant's job roles and daily tasks. The Association for Talent Development's (ATD) key competencies form the foundation for the intensive sessions. An added benefit of the program is the enormous networking opportunity available among participants.
Face-to-face program delivery. Participants attend 2-day interactive and engaging sessions. Sessions are facilitated by faculty and industry experts. The learning environment is creative, collaborative, and participant-centered. Students engage with the best minds in learning and development. CEUs are available upon request.
Curriculum & Course Descriptions
Curriculum is competency-based and aligned with the ATD Competency Model.
Why should I attend?
- Develop and update your skills and develop compentencies for workplace impact.
- Remain current with the workplace.
- Help to address issues that affect you and your organization's productivity.
USM Gulf Coast
- Session 1: March 30-31, 2017 Employee Engagement/Janea McDonald
- Session 2: May 18-19, 2017 Coaching in the Workplace/Carita Ducre
- Session 3: July 20-21, 2017Creating the Learning Environment (Training Delivery)/Shirley Legaux
- Session 4: September 14-15, 2017 Leadership Development/Paul Hasney
- Session 5: November 9-10, 2017 Instructional Design/Mandy Martin-Sanchez
- Session 6: January 25-26, 2018 Performance Improvement/Jennifer Ledet
Investment (Tuition and Fees)
$850 per 2-day workshop
A 10% discount is available for organizations registering two or more participants for one session. The workshop includes competency-based training, a complete set of course materials, access to a network of training and development professionals, contintental breakfast and refreshments. Lunch is not provided. (Please note: a 3.9% processing fee will be added to credit card payments). Fees are subject to change without notice.
For more information, call Heather Annulis at 228.214.3494.