Alumni Spotlight, November 2011
Deena Crawford, MSW
MS - Social Work, 1998. The University of Southern Mississippi
BS - English, 1992. The University of Southern Mississippi
Deena currently serves as the director of the Southern Miss Student Counseling Services Center at the Univeristy of Southern Mississippi.
- She authored and served as investigator of a three-year, $225,000 SAMHSA grant that established a 2006 campus-wide suicide prevention program on campus and helped establish the CARE System.
- She has served as the chair of the Southern Miss CARE team, a student-centered approach to providing services to student with mental health issues and behaviors that interrupt the learning and living campus environment.
- Deena received the 2008 IHL Best Practice Award
- She assisted in establishing the Southern Mississippi Campus Council for Alcohol Abuse Prevention.
- Deena co-founded the Southern Miss Campus Recovery Community to provide sober resources for Southern Miss students.
- Deena has served as treasurer of the Board of Directors of the Shafer Center for Crisis intervention.
- Deena also serves as an adjunct faculty member in the Southern Miss School of Social Work, and field liaison for the School of Social Work.