The 20th Annual DuBard Symposium: Dyslexia & Related Disorders
September 14-15, 2016
Hosted/Sponsored by: DuBard School for Language Disorders
Sponsored By: Mississippi Department of Education, Hattiesburg Clinic Connections,
Pine Grove International Association Method Task Force
Click here for more information
USH Syndrome Coalition
August 23rd - Own the Equinox
September 17th - Usher Syndrome Awareness Day
Also, click here to read our Project Advisory Committee Member's own account of living with USH Syndrome.
Open Hands Open Access: Deaf-Blind Intervener Learning Modules
The Open Hands Open Access (OHOA) Intervener Learning Modules are a free national resource designed to increase awareness, knowledge, and skills related to intervention for students who are deaf-blind and are being served in the educational settings (ages 3 through 21).
HOW CAN YOU TAKE THE MODULES?
1) Take them through the National Center on Deaf-Blindness (NCDB) for FREE. Go to the website at https://nationaldb.org/ohoaregister to register and complete the online form. Once you are given a sign-in credential, you can move through the modules at your own pace in an unhosted environment
2) Join in with Mississippians to take them! Email or call us: 800-264-5135 to find out when the next Cohort starts or to tailor your educational team training! Project Staff will be in touch with you.
This option will provide you with:
· Applying your learning to your student/child
· Additional expertise through collaborative learning
· Shared ideas, resources, and extended support
· Increased teaming = greater student/child success
· Regular feedback on your assignments
· Monthly face to face time with your host