The Department of Housing and Residence Life at Southern Miss offers a convenient
and safe place for students to live while making the most of their social and academic
lives. The department is made up of 14 residence halls, 10 sorority houses and 9 fraternity
houses, for an overall on-campus population of more than 3,000 students.
- All residence halls offer controlled card access entry, front desk assistants, and
hall staff that live on each floor. In addition, University police officers assist
with desk operations on a nightly basis and patrol the exterior and interior of the
- The Residence Hall Association (RHA) organizes many fun activities to help build relationships
and memories that will last a lifetime!
- Living on campus means being at the center of classes, student activities and more!
- When you live in a residence hall, there’s always a friendly face one door down.
- Students who live on campus show a higher scholastic performance and are more likely
to graduate than those who live off campus.
- The Housing and Residence Life staff encourages high academic success by offering
programs that help students with study skills, as well as providing them with quiet
study lounges. We also provide FREE tutoring in the halls for general courses.
Housing and Residence Life Mission
To provide a high quality physical, social and cultural environment that encourages
and supports the holistic development of the residential student
- Summer 2022 *Rates are subject to change pending IHL approval.
- Hillcrest Hall (double): $1,400.00 for full session (or 1/2 cost per session)
- Hillcrest Hall (single): $2,000.00 for full session (or 1/2 cost per session)
- Fall 2022-Spring 2023 *Rates are subject to change pending IHL approval.
- Hillcrest Hall (double): $2,480.00
- HIllcrest Hall (single): $2,875.00
- Wilber Hall (double): $2,330.00
- Wilber Hall (single): $2,750.00
- Hattiesburg Hall (single): $2,875.00
- Mississippi Hall (single): $2,875.00
- The Sorority Village (double): $3,365.00
- Scholarship Hall (double): $3,060.00
- McCarty Hall (double): $3,210.00
- Century Park North (double): $3,712.00
- Century Park South (double): $3,712.00
- Century Park South (single): $4,080.00
- Fraternity Housing (double): $2,000.00
- Fraternity Housing (single): $3,000.00
- Cedarbrook Apartments (single): $3,950.00