**OUR NEW APPLICATION SITE NOW ALLOWS YOU TO ACCESS THE APPLICATIONS FROM ANY DEVICE
ON ANY WEB BROWSER**
To apply for housing, just follow these simple steps:
- You must first apply and be accepted to the University through the Office of Admissions.
- After you have been admitted to the University and received an ID number you may apply
- Click on the 'Submit your Application' link under the 'Apply for Housing' tab or click here, Apply for Housing.
- Click the link and follow the steps.
- Once you complete the steps, click on 'Make Payment' to pay the $75 non-refundable processing/application fee ($150 after February 15
priority deadline). Enter your credit card information and click 'Finish'.
- If you have difficulty accessing any portion of the Web site or completing the housing
application with adaptive technology or because of a disability, please contact Sabrina
Johnson in the Residence Life central office (100 Hickman Hall) between the hours
of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday - Friday, at 601.266.4783 or sabrina.l.johnsonFREEMississippi.
NOTE: To receive an assignment, you must be accepted to the University, submit a completed
housing application and processing fee. If you have any questions, or for more information,
contact us at 601.266.4783 or reslifeFREEMississippi.
How to send/accept a roommate request:
- Log in to your Housing application using your SOAR ID and password.
- Go to the Roommate Request page and click on 'Create Group'. You will be listed as
the leader of your group.
- Click 'Invite' and type in your preferred roommate's first AND last name. If more
than one name appears, type in their student ID number instead.
- Your preferred roommate will receive an email letting them know to log back in to
their application and accept your invitation. They MUST accept the invitation for
the preference to be mutual.
- Once your preferred roommate has accepted your invitation, they will be listed as
a member in your group.