The Department of Housing and Residence Life at Southern Miss offers a convenient and safe place for students to live, while making the most of their social and academic lives. The department is made up of 14 residence halls, 10 sorority houses and nine fraternity houses, for an on-campus population of more than 3,000 students.
- All residence halls offer controlled card access entry, 24-hour front desk assistants and hall staff that live on each floor. In addition, University police officers assist with desk operations on a nightly basis and patrol the exterior and interior of the halls.
- The Residence Hall Association (RHA) organizes many fun activities to help build relationships and memories that will last a lifetime!
- Living on campus means being at the center of classes, student activities and more!
- When you live in a residence hall, there’s always a friendly face one door down.
- Students who live on campus show a higher scholastic performance and are more likely to graduate than those who live off campus.
- The Housing and Residence Life staff encourages high academic success by offering programs that help students with study skills, as well as providing them with quiet study lounges. We also provide FREE tutoring in the halls for general courses.
Housing and Residence Life Mission
To provide a high quality physical, social and cultural environment that encourages and supports the holistic development of the residential student.