Find A Roommate
Welcome to the Southern Miss Roommate Connection
Roommate Connection is our online matching system that helps students find a compatible roommate. Please read the following instructions carefully, then CLICK HERE to get started.
*You must submit a completed housing application and processing fee before accessing the program. Once you have completed the application, you should be able to log into Roommate Connection the following business day.
**Login by using your student ID number (USM credentials - the 6 digit number with the w in front of it) for the username and your RMS ID number as the password. Your RMS ID number can be found in the housing application confirmation email sent to your university email account.
- Be cautious when giving personal information to others, especially online. Only students applying for Southern Miss residence halls are able to register for Roommate Connection, but you should always be cautious with your personal information.
- DO NOT provide your last name in the profile. It will only ask for your first name.
- If you do not want others to have your personal e-mail address, or you do not currently have an e-mail address, create a new one using free services such as Hotmail or Yahoo. *You must have an e-mail address to participate in this process.
- Luckyday, Leadership and Honors College scholarship students have the option of requesting to live with another same scholarship student by choosing the respective option in the profile. *NOTE: some scholarships require students to have a roommate in the same program. Please check with that department to find out their policy.
- Upper-class students must live with upper-class students; freshmen must live with freshmen. *NOTE: Freshmen are classified as students coming directly from high school. Freshmen not coming right out of high school are not considered "true freshmen," and will be placed with someone more age appropriate.
- Know what you want in a roommate, but don’t be too selective when completing the profile. The more selective you are, the less likely you are to find a match to your request.
- If you do not get a match the first time you search profiles, change your preferences a little and keep checking back. As more profiles are created by other students, more profiles are available to search.
- You have the ability to return to Roommate Connection at any time to update your profile.
- Once you have found someone you are comfortable with, be sure to deactivate your profile so that others still looking will not search it. *NOTE: You and your preferred roommate will need to complete the REQUEST ROOMMATE form located on the Roommate Connection site.