The Office of Inclusion and Multicultural Engagement offers a series of trainings for the USM community. We provide customized trainings and by request trainings. Please use this Training Request Form, to request trainings for your staff, department, or organization.
1. To accommodate your needs, all trainings should be scheduled 14 days in advance. Please plan accordingly. Training requests are reviewed every Monday and will be answered within 2-4 business days.
2. Our trainings generally range between 1-2 hours depending on the needs of the training.
- IME/PRISM Overview (30 min): A brief introduction to the office and services we offer.
- Cultural Competence Training (1 hour): Focuses on skills and knowledge that value diversity, understand and respond to cultural differences, and increase cultural awareness.
- Student Development Training (1.5 hours): Officer Transition and Student Leader Training is used to help develop students both personally and professionally. We teach students skills necessary to succeed following college. We cover time/risk management, conflict resolution, purposeful programming and finally, leadership development.
- Get Connected Training (1.5 hours): The IME Office conducts Get Connected trainings for Student Organizations and individual students to assist them in understanding how to Report their Volunteer Service hours in our new Volunteer software system.
- Anti-Racism Training (2 hours): Anti-Racism training provides education about systemic racism and empowers us to identify the sources and tactics of resistance to dismantle racism and to discuss the stages and characteristics of anti-racist organizational development.
- Allies Training (2 hours): This 2-hour LGBTQIA+ Sensitivity training provides foundational knowledge for faculty, staff and students across campus. Campus ALLIES promote inclusivity and create safe spaces for members in the LGBTQIA+ community and allies.