Individuals desiring to use Danforth Chapel must be aware of the policies regarding its use.
Reason for Policy/Purpose
This policy is required for the effective communication of university policy regarding the use of Danforth Chapel.
Who Needs to Know This Policy
All members of The University of Southern Mississippi community.
Website Address for this Policy
- Danforth Chapel and Chapel Place may only be used for religious purposes.
- The chapel is open 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday – Friday. Additional hours are available by reservation only (601.266.4399).
- A fee of $100 per semester will be charged for all on-campus organizations and departments. This will allow the user unlimited reservations during the semester.
- A fee of $150 will be charged for all non-university reservations, as well as all weddings.
- Payment should be made to Event Services within 24 hours of the reservation or the reservation will be cancelled.
- A key will be issued at the Event Services office between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday, for all weekend and after hour reservations. A $25 key deposit will be charged at the time the key is issued. The key should be returned within 24 hours, or the deposit will be forfeited.
- Any candle wax damages will result in a cleaning fee assessed accordingly to the damage.
- Each person/organization using the chapel is responsible for decorating and cleanup of the facility. You are also responsible for selection of photographer, florist, music and securing a minister to perform the service.
- Persons using the chapel should inspect it one day before usage. To inspect the chapel prior to your event, contact the Event Services manager at 601.266.4399. This will avoid a possible conflict with religious organizations that use the chapel on a daily basis.
- In case of emergency, contact campus security at 601.266.4986. You should also contact campus security if a problem occurs with electricity, heating/cooling, etc.
The Director of University Union and Hub is responsible for the review of this policy every four years (or whenever circumstances require immediate review).
Amendments: Month, Day, Year – summary of changes
11/01/11: Formatted for Institutional Policies website.
02/27/13: Formatted for template. Minor editing throughout.