IET Program Objectives and Outcomes
Industrial Engineering Technology Program Educational Objectives:
- Have the breadth of knowledge in the field of industrial engineering technology.
- Demonstrate the ability in self and continuous learning.
- Effectively adapt to the changing demands in the workplace.
- An ability to apply the knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of mathematics,
science, engineering, and technology to solve broadly-defined engineering problems
appropriate to the discipline
- An ability to design systems, components, or processes meeting specified needs for
broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline
- An ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in broadly-defined
technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate
- An ability to conduct standard tests, measurements and experiments and to analyze
and interpret the results to improve processes
- An ability to function effectively as a member as well as a leader on technical teams
- An understanding of the need for and an ability to engage in self-directed continuing
- An understanding of and a commitment to address professional and ethical responsibilities
including a respect for diversity
- A knowledge of the impact of industrial engineering technology solutions in a societal
and global context