Campus Action Referral Evaluation System (CARES) is a consolidated group of faculty and staff from various University departments who respond to concerns involving students. As members of CARES, these individuals collaborate to support students, in achieving academic success, and address barriers to success in our University community.
NOTE: CARES replaces the Early Alert system previously used as a formal communication tool for faculty, staff and students to help identify and intervene on behalf of students who exhibit risk factors and face withdrawal from the university because of personal, academic or financial issues.
How to Submit a CARES request
- Sign in to SOAR (soar.usm.edu)
- Select "Self Service"
- Select 19 More "USM Self Service" Links
- Select CARES
- Upon clicking on the CARES link within SOAR, the system will transition you to the CARES page
- For CARES team issues related to concerns regarding academic performance, behavioral, or personal well-being click the Submit a Report link.
- Then click the Submit Report button under Report a Concern, Violation or Problem