Set Up Your Audio Calls
First things first: Set up your audio device and check the quality. You can use your
computer's mic and speakers, plug in a headset.
- Select "Select Your Primary Device" in the lower-left corner of the main Skype for
- Select "Audio Device Settings."
- Pick your device from the Audio Device menu, and adjust the speaker and mic volume.
Start a Call
- Hover on a contact's picture until the quick menu appears.
- Select the "Phone" button.
Start a Conference Call
- In your Contacts list, select multiple contacts by holding the Ctrl key and selecting the names.
- Right-click any of the selected names, then select "Start a Conference Call."
- Select "Skype Call."
Answer a Call
When someone calls you, an alert pops up in the lower-right of your screen.
- To answer the call, select anywhere on the photo area.
- To reject the call, select "Ignore."
- To start an instant messaging (IM) conversation with the caller instead of an audio
call, select "Options," and then "Reply by IM."
- To reject the call and other calls, until you change your status select "Options,"
and then "Set to Do Not Disturb."
Invite More People to a Call
- In the Meeting pane, select , or in the Participants pane, select .
- Select or multi-select (Ctrl-click) from your contacts, or type someone's name or
phone number in the Search field, then select them from the results. Select "OK."
Your new invitees receive a request to join your call.
Add Audio to an IM Conversation
In the conversation window, select the "Phone" button.
Use Audio Call Controls
During a call, point to the buttons to do the following:
- To put the call on hold, select the "Hold" button.
- To mute your audio, select the "Mic" button in the conversation window.
- If call transferring is available for your account, select the "Transfer" button,
and select the number you want.
- To hang up, select the "Phone" button in the conversation window.
Forward Your Phone Calls
Want your calls to go to your Voice Mail or to your cell phone or a hotel room phone?
- In the lower-left of the main Skype for Business window, select the "Call Forwarding"
- Select "Forward Calls To."
- Select "New Number or Contact." Choose a contact, or type a number in the Forward
Turn Off Call Forwarding
Which Skype Should I Use?
Skype for Business is for connecting with a co-worker or business associate.
Skype is for connecting with your grandma, or chatting with friends while gaming.