Industry Presenters' Presentation Guidelines
This guide has been designed to help Industry presenters prepare their abstract and power point presentation for the Logistics, Trade, and Transportation Symposium 2014 - February 26-27, 2014 - Gulfport, Mississippi - University of Southern Mississippi’s Gulf Park Campus.
Industry Presentation Submission
Industry professionals interested in presenting at Symposium must: -
- First submit by Nov 15th,2013 an abstract up to 200 words including description of the topic and 3 to 5 objectives of the presentation objectives through the web page at: http://cltt.usm.edu/cltt-conf-industry/openconf.php
- Second Submit (if presentation is accepted based on abstract) by Dec 15th complete Power Point Presentation through the web page at: http://cltt.usm.edu/cltt-conf-industry/openconf.php
Presentation Time and Format
Industry presenter will be grouped in panels of 3 to 5 presenters. Each Industry presenter will be allocated 10-15minutes (Strictly enforced!). Following all panelist presentations there will be a Question and Answer session.
Power Point Presentation Preparation
- All Industry presenters must submit a power point presentation by the deadline indicated above.
- The power point presentation should not exceed 15 slides (Approximately 1 minute of talk per slide)
- Industry presenters should consider in the power point presentation the following:
- Title Slide
- Symposium Information “Logistics, Trade and Transportation Symposium 2014”
- Host Information “University of Southern Mississippi’s Center for Logistics, Trade and Transportation”
- Session Subject Matter (i.e.: Understanding Agent/Distributor Agreements)
- Presentation Title
- Industry Presenter’s Full name
- Company Name
- Contact Information (i.e.: E-mail Address, Phone
- Company Logo (if available)
- Objective Slide
- List what you intend the audience to gain from your presentation
- Agenda Slide
- Outline how is your presentation organized
- Main Body of your Presentation Slides (Up 10 slides)
- Follow the agenda to achieve the objective of your presentation
- Clear Graphics, Photos, Diagrams (Avoid Wall of Text)
- Summary Slide
- Recap main points to ensure that the audience understood the objective of the presentation
- Closing Slide
- Include your name, contact information, etc.
- Title Slide
- Name your power point presentation with your full name and subject matter. (example: john-smith-global marketing.ppt)
- Minimum Font size 18 points
- When preparing the presentation “Ask Yourself, What is the point of this slide?” Each slide should help the industry presenter to make a point.
- Assume that members of the audience are NOT experts in the subject matter.
- Deliver your presentation enthusiastically demonstrating your excitement and knowledge about the topic.
- Give the audience the information they need to make a decisions
- Keep your presentation short and focused