Submit Case Study for Competition
Logistics, Trade and Transportation Symposium
February 26-27, 2014 - Gulfport, Mississippi
University of Southern Mississippi’s Gulf Park Campus
Students' Case Competition Submission Process:
Students' Team interested in competing must:
- First submit by Nov 24th, 2013 an abstract up to 200 words including: title and brief description of the case addressing all relevant evaluation criteria mentioned in the previous section. This preliminary submission will be judged to select the 7 finalist teams. Potential team can contact the committee chairs for additional questions.
- Second( Finalist teams ) need to submit the following;
- A Power Point file that effectively summarizes the case and its analysis: the Power Point slides should include the case objectives, reasonable assumptions, solution approach, tools/techniques used, measurable outcomes, and economic impacts.
- Any relevant supporting materials such as narratives, detailed calculations, design drawings, endorsements, etc. (none of these are considered required): supporting materials may be included if they are directly applicable to the entry; however, they will not be returned. The optional supportive documents must be a single word or pdf file and must not exceed 15 standard pages including any graphics.
- The 200 word abstract is due to the chairs of the committee by November 24, 2013.
- Applicants must send their abstract electronically – preferably as email attachment to Dr. MD Sarder - email@example.com.
- Finalist teams will be notified by December 1, 2013.
- Finalist teams will be required to submit the complete submission package (PowerPoint slides and optional supporting documents) to the chairs of the committee by January 15, 2014.
- Teams must send their submissions electronically – preferably as email attachment.
- In case of large electronic documents, applicants may upload them in an online repository (i.e. DropBox or www.yousendit.com) and provide the access to the chairs of the committee.
- Finalist teams will be required to give a ten minutes presentation of case study with 5 minutes Q&A.
- The presentation can be a live presentation at the CLTT Symposium, or via video conference, a video, or other multi-media production that can be viewed by the judges.
2014 Judging Committee:
- Chair: MD Sarder - The University of Southern Mississippi - CLTT Assistant Director - firstname.lastname@example.org - 228 214 3237
- Co-Chair: Ben Zietlow - University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Members: Hani Titi - University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- Members: Mihalis Golias - The University of Memphis
- Members: Alan Horowitz - University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- Members: Mike Anderson - University of Alabama - Huntsville
- Members: Mike Stokes - MDOT
- Members: Don Shepley – Biloxi – Gulfport Airport
- Members: Bruce Frallic – Biloxi-Gulfport Airport (Retired)