Who can apply for a Luckyday Citizenship Scholarship?
Mississippi residents who have been accepted into The University of Southern Mississippi as freshmen may apply for the scholarship.
When is the application available?
The application is open until January 5, 2016. It is an entirely online application, including the recommendations. Visit the Admissions website for a link to the application.
* UPDATE: The application deadline has been extended to January 12, 2016. Recommenders have until Friday, January 15, to complete their online recommendations.
Please call the Luckyday office at 601.266.5981 if you are having troubles with recommendation emails reaching the intended recipients or for any other questions.
What are the requirements necessary to apply for the scholarship?
Applicants must have a GPA of 3.0 or above. Evaluation is placed on financial need, community service, and leadership positions in high school.
What information will I need to provide on the application?
- Family financial information
- Information from School Counselor
- One recommendation from a teacher
- One recommendation from an individual who advises or sponsors a school, community, or church activity in which you participate
- History of extracurricular activities and leadership roles
- Completion of three essay questions involving ideas of service and community engagement, leadership experience, and need for the Luckyday Scholarship.