Current Student FAQs
- What are the requirements to apply for the Luckyday Citizenship Scholarship?
Applicants must be admitted to The University of Southern Mississippi, residents of Mississippi, incoming freshmen, and have a high school core GPA of 3.0.
- How do I apply for the Luckyday Citizenship Scholarship?
Once you are admitted to The University of Southern Mississippi and have received your student ID, you may visit www.usmfoundation.com/go and log in with your ID and password.
- How much is the Luckyday Citizenship Scholarship?
For students entering as freshmen in the fall of 2017, the scholarship will be $5,000 for the year. It is renewable for 3 consecutive years following the first, provided the student meets the GPA requirements each year.
- Is the Luckyday Citizenship Scholarship stackable with other scholarships?
Starting in the fall of 2017, students who enter will be allowed to stack the Luckyday Citizenship Scholarship with Academic Excellence Scholarships offered through Southern Miss. This has not been the case in previous years.
- What is required of scholars once they begin the program?
Freshmen and sophomore students must maintain a GPA of 2.5. Juniors and seniors must maintain a GPA of 2.75. Students also volunteer at least 20 hours of service per semester starting the spring semester of their freshman year.
- Do I need to apply for housing?
Yes, housing is required for Luckyday Scholars for the first year. All scholars live in Century Park South in Luckyday Citizenship Hall.
- How can I apply for the Luckyday Study Abroad Scholarship?
You must be at least a second year Luckyday Citizenship Scholar in good standing with the Luckyday Program and The University of Southern Mississippi. The scholarship helps to fund students who are studying with programs available through the Study Abroad office.