Dr. Scott P. Milroy
- Tropical ecosystems
- Ecological modeling
- Ecological engineering
- Feedback mechanisms
- Closed-system micro/macrocosms
- Modeling approaches to adaptation testing
- MAR 210 – The Oceans (Introduction to Oceanography)
An introduction to biological, chemical, geological, and physical oceanography for
marine science majors.
- MAR 300/L – Marine Science I with Laboratory
An in-depth exploration of key geological, chemical, and physical ocean processes.
- MAR 301/L – Marine Science II with Laboratory
An in-depth exploration of key biological ocean processes and marine ecosystems.
- MAR 310 – Field Methods in Marine Science
An introduction to the methods used in the collection and analysis of marine science
- MAR 367 – Waves and Tides
An investigation of complex ocean dynamics, including gravity waves, oceanic
currents, and the tides.
- MAR 402 – Marine Environmental Science
An examination of environmental issues that affect oceanic and estuarine ecosystems, with special emphasis on the Gulf of Mexico.
- MAR 411 – Remote Sensing of the Ocean
An introduction to the theory and uses of remote sensing technology as a tool for
ocean observation and research.
Milroy, S. P. , D. Dieterle, R. He, G. J. Kirkpatrick, K. M. Lester, K. A. Steidinger,
G. A. Vargo, J. J. Walsh, and R. H. Weisberg. 2008. A three-dimensional
biophysical model of Karenia brevis dynamics on the west Florida shelf: A look
at physical transport and potential zooplankton grazing controls. Continental
Shelf Research, Vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 112-136.