Students > Apply Now
The Division of Marine Science offers an Bachelor of Science degree in Marine Science at the USM Gulf Coast campus in Long Beach. A few undergraduate courses are also offered at the Hattiesburg campus each year.
To request information about or to apply for admission to our undergraduate degree program (B.S.) in marine science, please visit the undergraduate admissions page or contact Miranda Hedman at email@example.com.
To request information about one of our graduate degree programs (M.S. or Ph.D.) you can:
Click here for e-mail correspondence.
Call us at 228-688-7097.
Send a fax to 228-688-1121.
How do I apply to the USM Master of Science or Ph.D. programs in Marine Science or Hydrographic Science?
- Complete an application online and follow instructions for submitting all application documents. International students must also provide TOEFL scores. All applicants must submit a $60 non-refundable fee.
- APPLICATION CHECKLIST
1. Online graduate school application
2. Application fee
3. Official transcripts
4. GRE scores
5. TOEFL scores (for foreign students)
6. Letter of goals and interests
7. Three (3) letters of recommendation
8. Curriculum vitae
Have official exam scores and transcripts sent to the Graduate School or the Office of International Student and Scholar Services (foreign applicants). All letters of recommendations and interest statements should be uploaded to online application, but addressed to:
William (Monty) Graham, PhD
The University of Southern Mississippi
Division of Marine Science
1020 Balch Blvd.
Stennis Space Center, Mississippi 39529
- Domestic students can apply online at the USM Graduate School website.
- International students can apply online through the Office of International Student & Scholar Services.
- All applicants must submit transcripts, test scores, letters of recommendation, interest statement and application fee through the online application portal.
To insure that your application is quickly routed to our program make sure that you specify "Marine Science" and the appropriate degree (MS or PhD) and emphasis area (biological, chemical, geological, physical) or "Hydrographic Science MS " for your degree plan.
Applications for the Marine Science programs may be submitted for spring or fall semesters only. Hydrographic Science applicants for the master's program may apply for fall semesters only.
Apply early! To guarantee your consideration for a research or teaching assistantship with a full tuition waiver, we need your complete application by March 1 of each year.