The department offers several scholarships for undergraduate students:
- Up to 10 Wright W. and Annie Rea Cross Mathematics Undergraduate Research Scholarships at $2,000 each are awarded to mathematics students involved in undergraduate research.
- The Jack D. Munn Memorial Scholarship provides a scholarship based on financial need to a student majoring in mathematics.
- The Debra René Slay Memorial Mathematics Scholarship Endowment awards a scholarship to a student majoring in mathematics with a minimum 3.0 GPA. This scholarship prefers financial need, but the requirement can be waived.
- The Alton C. Grimes Endowment awards scholarships to students pursuing a course of study requiring 18 semester hours that begin with Calculus. The recipient should be a Mississippi student and a person with high moral character.
- The Virginia Felder Scholarship Endowment awards a scholarship to a female student whose major is Mathematics Licensure. If no student meets this requirement, the award is made to a female student majoring in Mathematics or Computer Science.
- The Wright W. Cross Endowment provides scholarships to capable and deserving majors in Mathematics with financial need whose GPA is 3.0 or higher.
- The Wallace C. and Lynn. L. Pye Scholarship is awarded to a mathematics or mathematics licensure student selected by the department.
The precise amount of each award varies by year.
How to apply
To apply for scholarships, visit the USM Foundation.