The Department of Mathematics offers the following undergraduate degrees.
- The Bachelor of Science in Mathematics prepares you for employment in a wide variety of fields (recent graduates have found employment with the Department of Defense or the US Nuclear Submarine Force) as well as for graduate school. It requires 124 hours of coursework of which at least 45 hours are mathematics at the level of Calculus or above. For further details, see the undergraduate bulletin, which also includes a semester by semester guide.
- The Bachelor of Science in Mathematics with Licensure prepares you to be a high school teacher of mathematics. It requires 124 hours of coursework, of which 39 hours are mathematics courses and of which 44 hours are dedicated to pedagogy. For further details, see the undergraduate bulletin, which also includes a semester by semester guide.
Both programs are described in the Undergraduate handbook (Third edition w/slight revision, August 2016) which includes course descriptions and timelines:
- Four-Year Course Scheduling is found on page 34.
- Semester by Semester Guides for MathBS, MathLBS, and transfer students are found on pp. 14-17.
The department offers multiple scholarships, which are described on the scholarship page.
Undergraduate research program
Our department has a strong tradition in undergraduate research done under the direction of a faculty member and many of our majors write a senior honors thesis and graduate with Latin honors. For details on undergraduate research, visit the undergraduate research page.
- ΚΜΕ Math Honor Society
- Department-sponsored competitions
- Trips to area conferences
International experience is becoming mroe and more advantageous in our highly connected world. The department offers the opportunity to study abroad in the United Kingdom at the University of Exeter, Swansea University or Keele University. For details on Study Abroad programs, please visit the site of the Office of Study Abroad.
For more information, ...
... use the "Contact Form" button in the left margin or e-mail email@example.com.