GI Bill and Other Important Information

Please click on the below links to learn more about which chapter you may be eligible for.

Chapter 30 – Montgomery GI Bill

Chapter 31 – Disabled Veterans

Chapter 33 – Post 9/11

Chapter 33 - Transfer of Entitlement (TOE)

Chapter 33 - Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship

Chapter 35 - Survivors and Dependents Assistance (DEA)

Chapter 1606 - Montgomery GI Bill Selected Reserve

Chapter 1607 – Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP)

Forever GI Bill

The President signed into law the Harry W. Colmery Veterans Educational Assistance Act also known as the “Forever GI Bill,” which will bring significant changes to Veterans education benefits. The law is named after the American Legion national commander who wrote the original GI Bill language in 1944, and will allow more Veterans to use the GI Bill and more time to use it. Some of the changes will go into effect immediately, and some are written to go into effect shortly after...Please click here to read more from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs website.  

VA Advisement Form  

The VA Advisement Form must be completed and signed by your academic advisor for each semester that you are wanting to use your GI Bill benefit. Once completed you may bring it to the Center for Military Veterans, Service Members and Families or email it to

Military Residency Exception

Military-Eligible applicants who are engaged in or honorably discharged from active duty in the United States Armed Services including academically eligible current or surviving spouse and dependent children, including stepchildren, would receive an exception of the non-resident surcharge. The student does not have to be using the GI Bill to receive this exception.

Students who qualify for an exception of the non-resident surcharge should:

  • Complete the Veteran, Service Member, Dependent, Spouse Non-Resident Tuition Exception form (PDF)
  • Print the form
  • If you are the Veteran or Service Member and using one of the GI Bill benefits then all that would be needed is your Certificate of Eligibility along with the exception form.
  • If the applicant is a spouse or dependent and using Chapter 33 - Transfer of Entitlement or Chapter 35 - DEA, a Certificate of Eligibility would be all that is needed along with the exception form. 
  • If the GI Bill is not being used then be sure to secure the required signatures and documentation
  • Submit the completed form and required documentation to the Center for Military Veterans, Service Members amd Families either by bringing it in or emailing it to