Military Service Member Enrollment Guidance
Before enrolling a Service Member, it is important that you are provided the following specific information to locate, explain and properly pursue planning and resource tools to assist you in pursuit of your education:
- The College Scorecard which is a planning tool and resource to assist prospective students and their families as they evaluate options in selecting a school is located at: http://collegecost.ed.gov/scorecard/.
- The College Navigator which is a consumer tool that provides school information to include tuition and fees, retention and graduation rates, use of financial aid, student loan default rates and features a cost calculator and school comparison tool. The College Navigator is located at: http://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/.
- The Financial Aid Shopping Sheet which is a model aid award letter designed to simplify the information that prospective students receive about costs and financial aid so they can easily compare institutions and make informed decisions about where to attend school. The Shopping Sheet can be accessed at: http://www2.ed.gov/policy/highered/guid/aid-offer/index.html.
- The Paying for College webpage which can be used by prospective students to enter the names of up to three schools and receive detailed financial information on each one and to enter actual financial aid awarded information. The tool can be accessed at: http://www.consumerfinance.gov/paying-for-college/.
- Non-Resident Tuition Exception Request Form
- VA Advisement Form
Please contact the USM Director of Veteran and Military Student Services (Jeff Hammond) at 601-264-4629 in seeking additional information about available tuition assistance, financial aid counseling and student support services.