Scholarships and assistantships are available by audition.
To schedule an audition or for more information, please contact the keyboard faculty via e-mail at email@example.com.
Please check your repertoire choices with any member of the piano faculty before proceeding.
- BA - Three pieces, with one being memorized.
- BME - Three pieces (or movements) of contrasting style periods, with at least two memorized, from the standard piano repertoire.
- BM - Three pieces (or movements) of contrasting style periods, with all three memorized, from the standard piano repertoire.
MM Piano Performance - [Solo]: For those majoring in piano performance, the audition must be memorized, be at least 30 minutes in length, and be performed before the piano faculty; it must include works from at least three different periods in music (e.g., Baroque, Classical, Romantic, Impressionist, or Contemporary).
MM Performance –Collaborative Piano
- Two contrasting movements from a standard duo sonata for piano and instrument: eg. Beethoven, Brahms, Prokofiev, Franck, Schumann, Poulenc, Mozart
- Two contrasting art songs from the German, French, or English vocal repertoire: eg. Schumann, Schubert, Duparc, Fauré, Barber, Vaughan Williams
Required if auditioning for a GA position
- Two contrasting movements from the standard duo instrumental repertoire e.g. Brahms, Beethoven, Prokofiev, Franck
- The first movement from a Mozart orchestral reduction. Choose one from the following:
- Violin: K. 216 in G major, K. 218 in D major, or K. 219 in A major
- Flute: K. 313/285c in G major
- Oboe: K. 314/271k in C major
- Clarinet: K. 622 in A major
- Bassoon: K. 191 in Bb major
- Prepare 2 songs in each language from the following list (Total six songs). We will select two total for you to perform at your audition.
J. Brahms Meine Liebe ist grün or Wie melodien zieht es mir
F. Schubert Gretchen am Spinnrade or Im Frühling
R. Schumann Mondnacht or Widmung
H. Duparc Extase or Chanson Triste
C. Debussy Il pleure dans mon coeur or C'est l'extase
G. Fauré Mandoline or Notre amour
Barber The Desire for Hermitage or The Monk and his Cat
A. Copland Heart! We Will Forget Him!
R. Vaughan Williams The Vagabond or The Roadside Fire
DMA in Piano Performance: For those majoring in piano performance, the audition must be a full recital, memorized, performed before the piano faculty; it must include works from at least three different periods in music (e.g., Baroque, Classical, Romantic, Impressionist, Contemporary). The faculty may select portions from the repertoire submitted.