Christopher Dixon is a native of Mobile, Alabama. He previously served as piano instructor at Musical Beginnings Conservatory in Spanish Fort, Alabama, where he taught group piano, and adjunct instructor of piano at the University of the Ozarks in Clarksville, Arkansas, where he taught applied piano. He has also studied collaborative piano in Saarburg, Germany.
- Doctor of Musical Arts degree program at the USM (Fourth-year)
- Master of Music degree in Piano Pedagogy and Performance from Arkansas State University in Jonesboro, Arkansas
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Music from Stillman College in Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- At Arkansas State, earned a graduate assistantship in collaborative piano and was the 2015 Recipient of the Lily Peter Keyboard Scholarship.
- He was awarded a full scholarship at Stillman College where he served as student accompanist and was the winner of the Ida B. Wells Arts Scholarship in 2011.
- 2012 Zelpha Wells Piano Competition (Tuscaloosa, Alabama)
- First-prize winner of the 2013 James A. Hefner Piano Competition (Nashville, Tennessee)