USM School of Accountancy Increases Advisory Board Membership
Tue, 05/14/2019 - 01:24pm
The Advisory Board for The University of Southern Mississippi's School of Accountancy experienced a dramatic percent increase in membership during the 2018-19 academic year, welcoming 11 new professionals to the group.
Dr. Marvin Bouillon, director of the School of Accountancy, has worked diligently to increase membership and participation in the school's Advisory Board since he began in July 2018.
The School of Accountancy's Advisory Board, which was created around 2010, exists to promote and support the educational programs of the School of Accountancy and to strengthen the school's position as a premier institution of accounting education within the Gulf South region. Reputable professionals from public, corporate, and governmental accounting entities donate their time, abilities, and resources as Advisory Board members.
“The School of Accountancy Advisory Board members' input and contributions are critical to the success of the school,” said Bouillon. “We hope to expand the board to include members from governmental organizations, corporations, and junior colleges. We are looking for successful accounting executives interested in being a part of something great. Additionally, we have invited the president of Beta Alpha Psi to join as a student member."
Board members join the director in periodic meetings to discuss the school's performance in advancing the mission and providing associated mission- and performance-related input.
In addition to meeting as a group, board members individually assist the school in meeting with accreditation officials, and in presenting career information on the accounting profession to business students who have not yet decided on an academic major. The members represent a dedicated group of professionals selected for their enthusiasm and interest in advancing the accounting programs at Southern Mississippi.
The newest professional members include:
- Rick Bedwell – Jones County Junior College, Ellisville, MS
- Jordan Church – Piltz, Williams, LaRosa & Company, Biloxi, MS
- Brook Gatlin – Molloy – Seidenburg & Co., P.A., Laurel, MS
- Dusty Holifield – Jones County Junior College, Ellisville, MS
- William F. Horne – William F. Horne & Company, PLLC, Laurel, MS
- Charles R. Lindsay – Matthews, Cutrer and Lindsay, P.A., Ridgeland, MS
- John R. McCallum – GranthamPoole, Ridgeland, MS
- Gwen Pate – Emeritus Professor at USM, Hattiesburg, MS
- Josh Spivey – Ernst and Young, New Orleans, LA
- Kyle Stoner – PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, New Orleans, LA
- Brenda Walker – C-Spire, Ridgeland, MS
Any accounting professionals who have an interest in joining the board, are encouraged to reach out to Dr. Bouillon at Marvin.BouillonFREEMississippi.