Nutrition Science, B.S.
- Do you plan to pursue a career in medicine, optometry, dentistry or another professional degree area?
- Do you like studying nutrition and wish you could learn more while staying on your professional degree tract?
If the answer is "Yes, " then Nutrition Science maybe the degree plan for you.
About Nutrition Science
Nutrition Science is designed for students who wish to study nutrition but do not intend to enter into nutrition or dietetics practice or pursue registered dietitian credentialing. The Nutrition Science emphasis within the Nutrition and Dietetics degree is the only one of its kind in the state of Mississippi and is less common in the southeast. Required courses and directed electives are specifically designed to assure that students have the coursework needed to be prepared to apply for post-baccalaureate professional programs in allied health and graduate school.
- Teach science in primary schools (additionalcourses required)
- Researcher/educator in a variety of areas
- Food and nutrition scientist
- Manage or assist with clinical protocols,interventions or clinical trials
For any of these health-related professions,
additional courses may be required:
- Chiropractor (DC)
- Dentist (DDS)
- Physical Therapist (PT)
- Physician (MD or DO)
- Physician Assistant (PA)
- Podiatrist (DP)
- Veterinarian (DVM)