(DIDACTIC PROGRAM IN DIETETICS)
Designed to provide the knowledge and skills required
for students who want to pursue a dietetic internship
resulting in the Registered Dietitian (RD) credential,
course requirements are designed to meet ACEND
accreditation requirements (www.eatright.org/acend).
To become an RD, you must earn a bachelor’s degree
from an accredited university and complete requirements
for an accredited dietetics program; complete an
accredited post-baccalaureate dietetic internship; and
pass the national registration examination for dietitians.
This is the only emphasis that has the potential for
a student to become a Registered Dietitian (RD).
- Clinical dietitian in hospital or other health care facility
- Consultant dietitian
- Community dietitian with the Women, Infants
and Children Program
- Public health dietitian
- Dietetics educator
- Researcher with food or pharmaceutical companies
- Sports nutritionist for college and professional teams
- Corporate wellness dietitian
- Cooperative extension agent
- Public relations and marketing in food and nutritionrelated
- Product development in food and nutrition-related
- Food service director in a hospital, school district,
day care, etc.
- Food buyer or distributor
- Food and drug inspector