Multimedia Use Guidelines
In order to comply with disability laws that mandate equal access for students with disabilities, our university and faculty are required to make course materials accessible. Regarding the use of multimedia presentations (videos, video clips or audio tracks) or Open Educational Resource (OER) "Textbooks", please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Multimedia presentations, including movies, must have synchronized captioning or synchronized transcripts readily available.
- Audio presentations must have transcripts readily available.
- Audio tracks explaining important visual information must be readily available for multimedia presentations.
Please use the below links to learn how to add captioning to your videos. If you need further assistance, please contact ODA at 601.266.5024 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Using Automatic Closed Captioning for Youtube Videos
- Do-It-Yourself Transcription and Translation for Youtube Videos - ODA recommends professors use this method as it is the most accurate