To receive services from the Office for Disability Accommodations, students MUST be registered with our office.
Please click here to learn more about registering for accommodations.
You must be a current student at the University of Southern Mississippi to register with our office. ODA can assist students whose disability prevents them from registering. Students requiring this help must first seek advisement, then make an appointment with ODA during the student’s assigned registration period, which can be found on students’ SOAR accounts.
Accommodations for Specific Individuals/Situations
Temporary Disability Accommodations: Learn what assistance is available for temporary situations
- Pregnancy Accommodations: Learn what assistance is available for accommodations and absences due to pregnancy
Accommodations on Gulf Coast Campuses and Distant Teaching Sites: Learn about accommodations and assistance for students on the Gulf Coast Campuses and Distant Teaching Sites outside of USM's main campus in Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Work Accommodations: Learn about what accommodations University employees and student workers can obtain
- Campus Access and Safety: Learn what measures our University has in place for campus accessibility and safety
- Handicap Parking: Learn about the process for obtaining a handicap parking pass on campus for students, employees, and visitors
- Accessible Facilities: Learn about how our University is committed to providing accessible facilities to all of our students
- Accessible Housing: Learn about what accommodations and assistance is available for students choosing to live in campus housing
- Accessible Class Furniture: Learn about what accommodations and assistance is available for students in the classroom in regards to classroom furniture
- Campus Construction: Learn about what measures are in place to notify campus and ODA registered students of construction projects that affect physical accessibility on campus and who to contact in regards to Campus Construction issues.
Online Learning Accommodations: Learn more about what accommodations exist for online classes, online textbooks, and Blackboard
Assistive Technology Accessibility: Learn more about how assistive technology can assist you and how you can check-out recorders from ODA
Alternative Formats: Learn how to obtain alternative formats of textbooks and other class materials
Delaying Due Dates
Exam Accommodations (explains procedures to take exams with ODA)
GRE, PRAXIS, GMAT Accommodations
Complaints, Grievances & Suggestions (for how to provide feedback or file a complaint)
For detailed information on ODA's services, procedures, accommodations, and campus resources, see the ODA Manual (PDF). Consult with ODA staff for clarification on ODA's policies and procedures listed in the manual.