Fall 2020 Permit Registration is OPEN!
You must have a current, valid permit to park a vehicle on university property!
*Commuter Students should purchase permit prior to reporting to campus. The Economy Lot Permit is a
discounted option available for students for specific lots. If you only report to
campus a few times per week, you can use the economy lots and ride the free transit
system or walk to the heart of campus.
*Residential Students should purchase a permit as soon as possible. Please park in your respective Residential
and Open Zones spaces.
*Faculty, Staff, Affiliates and All Others currently reporting to campus should purchase permits as soon as possible. Faculty/Staff
zones will be monitored regularly to help keep your spaces available, so please purchase
your permits and pay attention to any notices placed on your vehicle.
DO NOT PARK IN HANDICAP OR RESERVED SPACES UNLESS YOU HAVE VALID REGISTRATION TO DO
Follow this link to register:
In order to successfully register your vehicle with USM, you will need to purchase
a permit and register your license plate(s) to that permit in the system.
To complete the registration process, you will need the following information:
- Southern Miss SOAR Credentials (W123456@usm.edu and password)
- License plate number of vehicle(s) being registered (allowed up to four)
- Make, type, color, style of vehicles(s) being registered
- Payment type - student account, VISA/MasterCard, payroll deduction (USM employees only)
Log into the online permit registration at usm.edu/parking-transit-services/ with
your SOAR credentials. If your profile does not appear, DO NOT create a Visitor Account (doing so will lock your parking account). Please contact Parking and Transit Services
if your SOAR credentials will not allow you to log in after registration opens.
- Annual (all 3 semesters)- Valid August 1, 2020 - July 31, 2021
- Fall Semester Only - Valid August 1, 2020 - December 4, 2020
- Spring Semester Only - Valid January 1, 2021 - May 14, 2021
- Summer Semester Only - Valid May 15, 2021 - July 31, 2021
- Economy Lot Permit Only - Student Only option based on semester permit dates
These lots are still available to regular permit holders, but the Economy permit only
works for these specific lots.
***If you are arriving to campus prior to August 17, please park in your designated zones
based on your classification (resident, commuter, fraternity, sorority, etc.).
Late fees for parking permits are waived for Fall 2020!
Once you have completed your online registration, which includes registering a vehicle
and purchasing a permit, you will receive an e-mail receipt with your permit number.
Please keep the receipt for your records.
- Completed Registration - A green bar will appear beside the vehicle listing which has an active permit
- Incomplete Registration - A red bar will appear prior to August 1, 2020, which indicates permit is not yet active.
Check your account on or after August 1 and contact Parking & Transit if red bar is
If you have any questions or problems registering, please contact Parking and Transit
Services at 601.266.4943. Don't wait until you get a citation to ask questions!