Fall 2021 Permit Registration is OPEN!
Previous permits expired July 31, 2021. New permits are available to be purchased
today! You must have a current, valid permit and registered license plate to park
on university property! We will have a grace period through August 15 to give people
plenty of time to purchase a permit and register your vehicle.
If you are on campus early, please park in your designated zones based on your classification
(faculty/staff, resident, commuter, fraternity, sorority, etc.).
DO NOT PARK IN HANDICAP OR RESERVED SPACES UNLESS YOU HAVE VALID PERMISSION/REGISTRATION
TO DO SO!
Follow this link to register:
In order to successfully register your vehicle with USM, you will need to purchase
a permit and register your license plate(s) to that permit in the system.
To complete the registration process, you will need the following information:
- Southern Miss SOAR Credentials (W123456@usm.edu and password)
- License plate number of vehicle(s) being registered (allowed up to four)
- Make, type, color, style of vehicles(s) being registered
- Payment type - student account, VISA/MasterCard, payroll deduction (USM employees only)
Log into the online permit registration at usm.edu/parking-transit-services/ with
your SOAR credentials. If your profile does not appear, DO NOT create a Visitor Account (doing so will lock your parking account). Please contact Parking and Transit Services
if your SOAR credentials will not allow you to log in after registration opens.
- Annual (all 3 semesters)- Valid August 1, 2021 - July 31, 2022
- Fall Semester Only - Valid August 1, 2021 - December 31, 2021
- Spring Semester Only - Valid January 1, 2022 - May 15, 2022
- Summer Semester Only - Valid May 16, 2022 - July 31, 2022
- Economy Lot Permit Only - Commuter Student Only, select lots only, by request semester permit option
These lots are still available to regular permit holders, but the Economy permit ONLY
WORKS for these specific lots.
Once you have completed your online registration, which includes registering a vehicle
and purchasing a permit, you will receive an e-mail receipt with your permit number.
Please keep the receipt for your records.
- Completed Registration - A green bar will appear beside the vehicle listing which has an active permit
- Incomplete Registration - A red bar will appear prior to August 1, 2020, which indicates permit is not yet active.
Check your account on or after August 1 and contact Parking & Transit if red bar is
If you have any questions or problems registering, please contact Parking and Transit
Services at 601.266.4943. Don't wait until you get a citation to ask questions!