2019-2020 Permit Registration is now open!
In order to successfully register your vehicle with USM, you will need to purchase
a permit and register your license plate(s) to that permit in the system.
To complete the registration process, you will need the following information:
- Southern Miss SOAR Credentials (W123456@usm.edu and password)
- License plate number of vehicle(s) being registered (allowed up to four)
- Make, type, color, style of vehicles(s) being registered
- Payment type - student account, VISA/MasterCard, payroll deduction (USM employees only)
Log into the online permit registration at usm.edu/parking-transit-services/ with
your SOAR credentials. If your profile does not appear, DO NOT create a Visitor Account (doing so will lock your parking account). Please contact Parking and Transit Services
if your SOAR credentials will not allow you to log in after registration opens.
- Annual (all 3 semesters)- Valid August 16, 2019 - July 31, 2020
- Fall Semester Only - Valid August 16, 2019 - December 13, 2019
- Spring Semester Only - Valid January 1, 2020 - May 15, 2020
- Summer Semester Only - Valid May 18, 2020 - July 31, 2020
***If you are arriving to campus prior to August 16, please park in your designated zones
based on your classification (resident, commuter, fraternity, sorority, etc.).
After 10 working days from the beginning of each Fall or Spring semester, there will
be a $5 late fee for permit registration.
Once you have completed your online registration, which includes registering a vehicle
and purchasing a permit, you will receive an e-mail receipt with your permit number.
Please keep the receipt for your records.
- Completed Registration - A green bar will appear beside the vehicle listing which has an active permit
- Incomplete Registration - A red bar will appear prior to August 16, 2019, which indicates permit is not yet
active. Check your account on or after August 16 and contact Parking & Transit if
red bar is still there.
If you have any questions or problems registering, please contact Parking and Transit
Services at 601.266.4943 or 601.266.5447. Don't wait until you get a citation to ask questions!