Physical Plant Work Orders
Any disaster, unusual occurrence, utility malfunction or equipment failure that presents imminent danger to life or property is considered an emergency and should be reported immediately to the Physical Plant Work Control Center at (601) 266-4414, Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. After office hours, on holidays or weekends, contact University Police Department at (601) 266-4986.
A work order must be submitted for all non-emergency requests made during Work Control Center office hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Routine failures and maintenance needs should be reported to the Building Liaisons (PDF) when possible.
1. Click the Submit Work Order icon, and log in using the username: usm\w+ID# and password: CampusID password.
2. Click the link to "Submit Work Request."
3. Select the appropriate building from the drop down list.
4. Complete all required fields on the request form.
5. If the work required is chargeable to your department, please enter your PeopleSoft budget string.
6. Click Submit.
7. You will receive an email indicating your "Request Number."
8. Work Control Center personnel will accept or decline your Work Request. You will receive an email indicating receipt, and if accepted a "Work Order Number." The Work Order Number may be used to search for this request through the query link and review charges once the job has been closed.
If you have any questions or experience a problem submitting or searching for a work order, please contact the Work Control Center at 601.266.4414.