Jeffrey S. Wiggins
Director of the School of Polymers and Associate Professor
EDUCATION AND BACKGROUND
|1988||B.Sc., Industrial Technology, Western Washington University, Bellingham, WA|
|1992||Ph.D., Polymer Science, The University of Southern Mississippi, Hattiesburg, MS;|
Executive M.B.A., University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA
|1992-1997||Bayer Corporation, Pittsburgh, PA, 1992 Senior Polymer Chemist|
|1994||Manager, TPU Development; 1996 Technical Director, TPU|
|1997-2002||Nike IHM Inc|
|1997||Polymer Research Manager|
|1998||Technical Director, Research and Manufacturing Engineering|
|2000||Oregon General Manager|
|2003- Present||The University of Southern Mississippi|
|2011-2014||Associate Professor and Interim School Director|
|2014 - present||Associate Professor and Director School of Polymers & High Performance Materials|
Sports and High Performance Materials, Glassy Polymer Networks, Sustainable and Degradable Polymers, Reaction Extrusion and Polymer Processing.
- Molecular scale cure rate dependence of thermoset matrix polymers, Childers, Christopher, Hassan, Mohammad, Mauritz, Kenneth, Wiggins, Jeffrey, Arabian Journal of Chemistry 2016, 9, 206
- Semibatch RAFT copolymerization of acrylonitrile and N-isopropylacrylamide: Effect of comonomer distribution on cyclization and thermal stability, Moskowitz, Jeremy and Wiggins, Jeffrey, Polymer 2016, 84, 311
- Thermo-oxidative stabilization of polyacrylontirile and its copolymers: Effect of molecular weight, dispersity and polymerization pathway, Moskowitz, Jeremy and Wiggins, Jeffrey, Polymer Degradation and Stability 2016, 125, 76
- High Molecular Weight and Low Dispersity Polyacrylonitrile by Low Temperature RAFT Polymerization, Moskowitz, Jeremy, Abel, Brooks, McCormick, Charles, Wiggins, Jeffrey, J. Poly. Sci. Pt.A – Poly Chem, 2016, 54, 553
- Polymer chain dynamics in epoxy based composites as investigated by broadband dielectric spectroscopy, Hassan, Mohammad, Tucker, Samuel, Abukmail, Ahmed, Wiggins, Jeffrey, Mauritz, Kenneth, Arabian Journal of Chemistry 2016, 9, 203
- Digital image correlation analysis of strain recovery in glassy polymer network isomers, Stephen Heinz, Jianwei Tu, Matthew Jackson, Jeffrey Wiggins, Polymer 2016, 82, 87
- Ductile thermoset polymers by controlling network flexibility, Hameed, Nishar, Fox, Bronwyn, Salim, Nisa, Walsh, Tiffany, Wiggins, Jeffrey Chem. Comm. 2015, 51, 9903
- Simultaneous reinforcement and toughness improvement in an aromatic epoxy network with an aliphatic hyperbranched epoxy modifier, Jin, Qingfen, Misasi, John, Wiggins, Jeffrey, Morgan, Sarah “, Polymer, 2015 73, 174
- Phenylene ring motions in isomeric glassy epoxy networks and their contributions to thermal and mechanical properties, Tu, Jinwei, Tucker, Samuel, Christensen, Stephen, Sayed, Abdelwahed, Jarrett, William, Wiggins, Jeffrey, 2015 Macromolecules, 48(6), 1748
- Surface composition control via chain end segregation in polyethersulfone solution cast films, Knauer, Katrina, Greenhoe, Brian, Wiggins, Jeffrey, Morgan, Sarah 2015 Polymer, 57(28), 88
- Laser-induced thermo-oxidative degradation of carbon nanotube/polypropylene nanocomposites, Bartolucci, Stephen, Supan, Karen, Warrender, Jeffrey, Davis, Christopher, La Beaud, Lawrence, Knowles, Kyler, Wiggins, Jeffrey 2014 Composites Science and Technology, 105, 166
- Continuous reactor preparation of thermoplastic modified epoxy-amine prepolymers, Cheng, Xiaole, Wiggins, Jeffrey 2014 Polymer International, 63(10) 1777
- PEG containing thiol-ene network membranes for CO2 Separation: Effect of cross-linking on thermal, mechanical, and gas transport properties, Kwisnek, Luke, Goetz, James, Meyers, Kevin, Heinz, Stephen, Wiggins, Jeffrey, Nazarenko, Sergei 2014 Macromolecules, 47(10) 3243
- Thermal stability of polypropylene-clay nanocomposites subjected to laser pulse heating Bartolucci, Stephen, Supan, Karen, Wiggins, Jeffrey, LaBeaud, Lawrence, Warrender, Jeffrey 2013 Polymer Degradation and Stability 98(12) 2497
- Effect of stoichiometry and cure prescription on fluid ingress in epoxy networks Frank, Katherine, Wiggins, Jeffrey 2013 Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 130(1) 264
- Fluid uptake behavior of multifunctional epoxy blends Frank, Katherine, Childers, Christopher, Dutta, Dhanadeep, Gidley, David, Jackson, Matthew, Ward, Stephen, Maskell, Rob, Wiggins, Jeffrey 2013 Polymer, 54(1) 403
- Fluid ingress strain analysis of glassy polymer networks using digital image correlation Jackson, Matthew B.; Heinz, Stephen R.; Wiggins, Jeffrey S. Polymer Testing, 2012, 31, 1131-1139.
- Investigation of pre-reaction and cure temperature on multiscale dispersion in POSS-epoxy nanocomposites Frank, Katherine L.; Exley, Sarah E.; Thornell, Travis L.; Morgan, Sarah E.; Wiggins, Jeffrey S. Polymer, 2012, 53, 4643-4651.
- Effect of free volume hole size on fluid ingress of glassy epoxy networks Jackson, Matthew B., Kaushik, Mukul, Nazarenko, Sergei, Ward, Steven, Maskell, Rob, Wiggins, Jeffrey S. Polymer, 2011, 52(20) 4528.
- Alternating copolymer of pyridine and 1,4-diphenyl-1,2,4,5-tetrazine from bis-1,3-dipolar cycloaddition polymerization Sayed, Abdelwahed R.; Wiggins, Jeffrey S. Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 2011, 120(2), 623.
- Multifunctional thiols as additives in UV-cured PEG-diacrylate membranes for CO2 separation Kwisnek, Luke; Heinz, Stephen; Wiggins, Jeffrey S; Nazarenko, Sergei; Journal of Membrane Science, 2011, 369(1-2), 429-436.
- Uniaxial Compression Analysis Of Glassy Polymer Networks Using Digital Image Correlation, S.R. Heinz and J.S. Wiggins, Polymer Testing, 2010, 29, 925.
- Ambient cure POSS-epoxy matrices for marine composites, S.J. Tucker, S. Kar, B. Fu and J.S. Wiggins, Comp. Pt A: Appl. Sci. and Mfg., 2010, 41, 1441.